Fan coil control systems Polymetrica
Chiller-fan coil system is one of the types of devices designed for air conditioning. The principle of operation of such a device is that room air is passed through a radiator filled with liquid and changes its temperature.
In this case, the fan coil unit can work both for cooling, when the liquid is colder than the air, and for heating, when the liquid is hot. Moreover, it can be the same liquid – taking heat from the cooled room, it can transfer it to the heated one.
What tasks do fan coil controllers solve
The same chiller/fan coil system can be used for both heating and cooling. This results in more efficient use of energy resources, as well as space savings. Indeed, instead of two different devices, one is used.
Fan coil units use liquid as the refrigerant, not gas, as in air conditioners. The liquid has the best heat capacity, therefore the chiller-fan coil system can be equipped with a fairly large number of fan coil units at a considerable distance from each other. Just one chiller can keep fan coil units up and running throughout the plant. It all depends only on the power of the pump and radiator.
As new premises are added to your property, they can be additionally equipped with fan coils and connected to the previously installed chiller. This significantly speeds up and reduces the cost of the expansion of the enterprise.
Installation of a chiller-fan coil system will not disturb the appearance of either the facade or the interior of your building. The device does not require any outdoor units, all its elements can be easily hidden on the roof or in a special room. Inside a building, fan coil units will also not harm the style of the room, as when properly installed, they will look just like a small grill on the wall or ceiling.
First, liquid refrigerant is safer than gaseous. Secondly, chillers are usually installed in dedicated separate rooms. So even in the event of a malfunction, the owner does not have to worry about the safety of his employees.
In addition, the Polymetrica remote control system will help operators monitor all changes in work in real time and will immediately send a notification to Telegram or Viber in case of a problem.
How the fan coil remote control system works
Fan coil control system Polymetrica works according to a simple algorithm:
- With the help of a fan, air from the room is supplied to the heat exchanger.
- The system measures the temperature of the incoming air and, depending on whether it needs to be heated or cooled, supplies cold or warm water to the heat exchanger.
- Depending on the temperature difference between water and air, the time of their interaction is calculated so that the air reaches exactly the required temperature.
- The prepared conditioned air is returned to the room.
- The condensate formed during cooling is discharged into the drain.
The remote control system not only monitors compliance with all modes, but also stores information about the progress of work on the server. So the responsible employee can use the software at any time and control the work of any element.
Where the devices to control fan coil units can be used
The many advantages of chiller-fan coil systems have given them a wide range of use cases:
- Cafes, restaurants. The universal discreet design allows fan coil units to fit into rooms of almost any style and direction.
- Cinemas, theaters, exhibition halls, etc. High safety performance makes fan coil units an excellent solution for equipping rooms with a large number of people.
- Manufacturing, office space. Simplicity of scalability, as well as ease of management using remote control systems, make chiller-fan coil units very popular when equipping large enterprises.
- Residential buildings. Due to the ease of installation, control and maintenance, fan coil units are also used for the equipment of private or apartment buildings.