Polymetrica air curtain control systems
Air curtain control devices are designed to regulate the air flow in order to effectively prevent heat leakage through the doorway. The flexible automatic control system is able to adjust the temperature and flow rate of the air curtain depending on external factors (for example, temperature differences). Thanks to this, not only is the efficient retention of heat inside the room achieved, but also the reduction of energy consumption by the thermal curtain itself.
What tasks are solved by controllers for controlling air-thermal curtains
Separation of thermal areas.
The most obvious task of a heat curtain is to separate two rooms with different temperatures. This solution is good for splitting:
- lobby and streets in hotels or trading halls;
- refrigerator and kitchen in cafes or restaurants;
- for any other premises in which the doors are either completely absent, or simply open very often.
Due to the difference in temperature in the two rooms, pressure is different in different arises, which leads to the appearance of imperceptible, but such dangerous drafts. Polymetrica air curtain control systems will create an air barrier in the passage that stops the air flow.
Protection against insects and dust.
In the summertime, cafes and restaurants prefer to open all doors and windows so that guests can enjoy the fresh air as much as possible. But the problem is a large number of insects and dust falling on visitors from the street. The air curtain will help protect your guests from such troubles, while not at all interfering with them enjoying the fresh air and the opening view.
Division of hazardous premises.
In industries, there are often situations when workers often have to move between rooms with a high and low concentration of various harmful substances. In this case, it will be very inconvenient to constantly open and close the door, which, at the same time, will still allow some toxic gas to pass through. The best solution would be to install an air curtain with a control module from Polymetrica, which separates both rooms with an invisible wall.
How the system of remote control of air-thermal curtains works
The principle of operation of the simplest air curtain control system Polymetrica is based on the fact that temperature sensors are located on both sides of the aisle. The system takes readings and, based on them, makes a decision about increasing or decreasing the air flow intensity.
If necessary, a person can also intervene in this process. With the help of special software, you can manually adjust all the parameters of the air curtain, quickly reacting to any situation.
Where can devices to control air-thermal curtains be used
Each air curtain control system is different and can have different solutions depending on the purpose and budget of the project.
- Architectural air curtains. They perform both aesthetic and protective functions. They can be surface mounted above the door or embedded in the ceiling. Used at building entrances or in lobbies to maintain the required temperature.
- Industrial air curtains. They are distinguished by their large size and high performance. Designed for installation near loading docks, warehouse entrances, etc. Industrial air curtains not only improve the energy efficiency of a building, but also improve working conditions and limit the entry of insects, dust and vapors into the workspace.
- Security air curtains. Used by petrochemical and pharmaceutical factories to maintain stable temperatures and separate rooms. Such solutions are commonly used in areas where dust or flammable gases can create a hazardous situation.
- Sanitary certified air curtains. The single-speed, high-performance curtain is most often chosen by restaurants and kitchen designers who are interested in meeting healthcare standards and requirements for food service establishments and their own criteria for dealing with flying insects and workplace pollution. These air curtains can be used both on kitchen doors and near various viewing windows so that people can enjoy the beautiful view while avoiding insect attacks.