Gas metering systems Polymetrica
The Polymetrica gas consumption metering system is used to automatically measure, process and store information on the amount of gas used for a certain period of time.
Payment for gas supply is the main item of utility costs in the cold season for both large enterprises and private users. In addition, many industries use large quantities of gas for various needs throughout the year. Therefore, timely and accurate control of gas consumption is an important planning parameter and cost savings.
What tasks do gas flow controllers solve
Control can be performed by any number of users from anywhere in the world. In addition, each user can be configured with a separate role so that he has access only to data in a specific area under his control, and not the entire enterprise.
Comparing the amount of gas consumption in individual areas, the Polymetrica control system is able to instantly detect leaks and take appropriate measures (close off emergency zones, give an alarm, etc.).
The software of the remote gas consumption metering system not only stores all information on the server, but also clusters it in the form of convenient reports. So the company’s management can easily compare the amount of consumption at different times in different areas of production, identify the most economical areas and make the necessary adjustments.
How the Remote Gas Monitoring System Works
As with most devices of this type, the principle of operation of a remote gas metering system consists in three simple steps:
- Collection of information. Field-installed flow meters measure the amount of gas passing through.
- Sending information to the server. Each measuring device immediately sends all collected data to a central server, where they are guaranteed not to be deleted or lost.
- Analysis and feedback. Having received the data, the software installed on the server adds it to the generated report and compares it with the specified boundary values. If the obtained indicators go beyond the permissible norms, a scenario is triggered, which is set individually for each client. The system can shut off the gas flow along the entire length of the pipeline or only in a certain section of it, make an emergency release of pressure, turn on the alarm, notify the attendants or perform any other necessary action.
Where the devices for metering gas consumption can be used
Due to their affordable price, ease of installation and high reliability, Polymetrica gas consumption control systems are widely used.
- Individuals most often use these devices to validate utility bills.
- Industries for which natural gas is one of the main expense items use accounting systems to track consumption on a spot and make a more up-to-date budget forecast.
- For gas production and processing plants, control devices are an integral part of the safety and performance monitoring system.